The Hemp Industries Association is a non-profit trade group representing hemp companies, researchers and supporters in the United States and Canada. The group petitions for fair and equal treatment of industrial hemp.
If you or your business would like to donate time, financial assistance, or any other resource, please contact the HIACO and we will put you in touch with the proper representatives.
- Give a voice to Hemp in Colorado from the farmer, to producer and into retail.
- Become a grass roots, trade association for Industrial Hemp, which represents the will of its membership.
- The national organizations are great advocates, but we need someone to focus on the needs of the Colorado Hemp industry.
- Educate the public about the exceptional attributes of hemp products.
- Facilitate the exchange of information and technology between hemp agronomists, researchers, processors, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Maintain and defend the integrity of hemp products.
- Advocate and support socially responsible and environmentally sound business practices.
The mission of the HIA, a 501(c)(6) membership-based non-profit trade group, is to represent the interests of the hemp industry and to encourage the research and development of new products made from industrial hemp, low-THC oilseed and fiber varieties of Cannabis.
We will also be talking about the legal questions around growing Hemp in Colorado. Additional meetings are planned throughout the state including: January 28th in Dolores County, Grand Junction, Co Springs and Denver.